Thursday, April 23, 2009

Meetup #7 - Royal Oak Photo Walk

This meetup started out because I wanted to share photos and ideas etc with the meetup members. So, I posted a meetup to meet and eat lunch in Royal Oak.

*enter crickets chirping*

After about a week and maybe one or two "maybe" RSVPs, I changed this too the RO Photo Walk.

It turned into the biggest meet yet.

Photobucket

The irony here is, for each of the previous meets, I spent lots of time getting it ready. Looking up the locations to post, researching the meet locations, writing the post, sending it out.. I mean at least an hour went into each previous post, and with at least one, the prep was several hours. And what meet gets the most takers? The one that took literally 2 minutes to post. haha.

We all met at the Starbucks on Main Street - had some coffee, then headed over to the Farmer's Market. I wasn't able to get a photo with the FEEL of the place.. so I will share some of the other shots I took there:


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Then we headed back to Main Street:


Photobucket


Photobucket




And finally we hit the Train Tracks - as no trip to Royal Oak of the photo nature would be complete w/out photos of the tracks:


Photobucket


Photobucket




After our lovely walk, we headed over to Mr. B's for some lunch which was just lovely.

It was a great day, fun, great weather, lots of people. Ahh. Life is good. :)

No comments:

Site Meter