Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Urban Decay





I started the "Two Faces of Detroit" project this summer, with every intention of hitting up some decaying parts of Detroit. For whatever reason, that intention was never realized.

However, I very much wanted to do it still, even if it meant going w/out the group. So a couple weeks ago, I posted to FB hoping someone would come with me. No one responded until the next day, when my friend from high school, Brad, responded that he'd take me. The best part of that? Brad is a cop. Oh yeah.

So to Brightmoor we went. Let me tell you. I expected it to be a scary place, but it truly and honestly exceeded all of my expectations.

Thank you to Brad for offering to take me out there! I really had a good time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool Amy. I am busy patting myself on the back that I spotted a couple of the photos on the post!


Brad

Amy said...

You should! You have a great eye :)

Socialbttrfly said...

I would have went with you. I have been wanting to do this too! Let me know when you want to go again.

Karen

Site Meter